At the Greater Philadelphia law firm Weisberg Law, our lawyers advise and represent consumers and employees on a wide range of issues relating to fraud, abuse and unfair treatment at work and in the marketplace. Aside from our consumer fraud and protection focus, we also devote a portion of our practice to unfair debt collection practices, civil rights and employment discrimination issues, and bad faith insurance practices.
To learn how our diverse experience and practice areas can benefit you, contact us at any of our three Pennsylvania and New Jersey offices for a free consultation about your case.
Our Consumer Protection And Fraud Practice — Serving Victims In Pennsylvania And New Jersey
Specific examples of our Philadelphia consumer protection attorney's work on behalf of our clients include:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations, including credit reporting errors
- Abusive debt collection claims
- Claims for misleading or ineffective warranties on consumer products (such as appliances, computers or televisions)
- Insurance bad faith, including unreasonable refusal to accept defense or cover a claim by an insurance company
- Illegal retaliation against an employee for reporting unsafe or unlawful conduct on the job ("whistleblower")
- Employment/workplace discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, disability or other prohibited grounds
- Civil rights claims involving police brutality, false arrest or malicious prosecution
- Claims for predatory lending practices in mortgage financing or refinancing
- Construction defect and warranty claims in new residential construction or remodeling projects
- Business fraud claims
- Auto fraud and wrongful repossession, including warranty and material nondisclosure claims in the sale of new or used cars
- Sales and loans involving cars with undisclosed damage from floods, fires or accidents
- Foreclosure rescue scams
- Identity theft credit damage
Founding partner Matthew Weisberg is a frequent speaker and author on consumer protection and fraud issues in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He also appears regularly on "The Real Estate Connection," a cable television program focused on the Delaware Valley residential real estate market.
Contact Our Chester Area Consumer Fraud Lawyer
For specific advice and a free evaluation of your situation, contact a knowledgeable attorney at Weisberg Law in Philadelphia, Morton or Pennsauken.