Philadelphia Business Fraud Lawyer
As experienced legal professionals dedicated to preserving the interests of businesses and small business professionals, many of our core areas of practice are interwoven. Because we represent clients in areas involving consumer protection — such as protection from real estate fraud, mortgage fraud and other financial fraud — our familiarity with these issues enables us to provide diligent representation to small-business professionals encountering the same types of problems in their business operations.
Fraudulent misrepresentation and other types of business fraud can significantly interfere with the success and longevity of a business. If you or your business has fallen victim to fraudulent practices involving other sellers, real estate lenders, franchisors or other individuals, consult with our experienced Philadelphia business fraud lawyers at Weisberg Law. We are dedicated to providing sound legal advice and zealous representation in disputes arising from corporate or business fraud. Contact us for representation in either New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
Recapture Losses Suffered From Business Fraud in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Our business fraud practice focuses on recovering losses suffered by businesses or consumers in cases of fraud. In business fraud cases involving contract disputes, we pursue additional compensation for damages related to the anticipated profits lost as a result of a contract breach.
Weisberg Law effectively represents New Jersey and Pennsylvania professionals in business fraud cases, which frequently involve the following:
- Misrepresentation of the business value in a sale: In business purchases and sales, fraudulent misrepresentations made about the value or reputation of the business can have a significant impact on the decision to move forward with the transaction. We pursue business fraud and defamation claims for professionals who have suffered losses as a result of the seller's misrepresentations (overvalue of the business, concealed debts and undervalued liabilities, concealed litigation against the business, intentional libel or slander against the business after the sale, failure to deliver the business as promised, etc.)
- Fraudulent bookkeeping practices: Weisberg Law investigates claims involving "cooked books," accounting fraud, embezzlement or misappropriation of corporate funds. Our experience handling these complex financial issues enables us to trace financial origins and identify instances of intermixing corporate assets with personal assets, embezzlement of company funds or other asset mismanagement.
- Insurance bad faith : Our attorneys seek specific performance of insurance contracts when the insurance company refuses to cover business losses from fire, flood, theft or other covered liabilities.
- Intentional interference (tortious interference): We represent businesses that have lost business opportunities, repeat clientele and pivotal employees as a result of the interference of another business or individual. We handle claims involving interruption of business relationships/stealing clients, intentional interference with current contractual relationships or pending contract opportunities, stealing employees, breach of non-compete/exclusivity agreements and other intentional interference.
- Breach of contract: While we have the experience to handle routine breach of contract disputes, such as partnership disputes or lease disputes, we focus on handling contract disputes involving misrepresentations or false promises where non-performance of the terms of the contract was intentional or fraudulent. A significant portion of our business fraud practice involves breach of contract claims involving failure to pay for or failure to provide goods or services as promised.
- Other fraudulent practices: We represent businesses that have suffered losses as a result of fraudulent lending/predatory lending, malicious or frivolous litigation, corporate director or officer's breach of fiduciary duty, and other business and commercial disputes.
Our business fraud practice also includes representing consumers who have fallen victim to the unscrupulous practices of businesses in New Jersey or Pennsylvania. We represent consumers in business fraud cases involving malicious or frivolous claims/SLAPP claims (Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation) and other business fraud.
Contact Our Springfield Area Attorney for your Business Fraud Matters
For more information about our professional services or to protect your interests in a business fraud matter, schedule a consultation with a skilled trial lawyer at our firm. Contact a business fraud attorney at Weisberg Law in Philadelphia, Morton or Pennsauken. We offer contingency fee representation regarding breach of contract and other business disputes.
Gist Of the Action